On 25-26 April in Brussels, in honour of 2016 International Girls in ICT Day, the Digital Leadership Institute is proud to partner with the European Centre for Women and Technology and others to organise the very first European Celebration of Women in Computing, Europe’s largest #WomenInTech event ever! ECWC16 will take place at the Proximus Lounge in Brussels, and aims to bring together industry practitioners, policy-makers, digital society decision-makers and young and experienced women pursuing studies and careers in digital fields.
Digital Leadership: As official partner to ECWC16, DLI will deliver several elements of the event, including:
- DLI Tribe at ECWC: DLI has the distinct honour of offering free or deeply discounted access to ECWC16 for up to 100 young and adult women. Please sign up to express your interest in benefiting from #DLITribe status at ECWC16!
- 25 April – Best Practices Session on “Getting more girls and women into digital studies and careers in Europe”: Ms. Cheryl Miller and Ms. Rosanna Kurrer, DLI Cofounders, will organize a special Best Practices Session, 14:30-17:30 on 25 April (Calypso hall) at ECWC16, with participation of representatives from the European Commission, Amazon Web Services, Google, IBM, Cisco and SAP.
- 26 April – Closing Plenary Panel on “The role of media in getting girls into STEM studies and careers”: Ms. Cheryl Miller, DLI Founder and Executive Director will moderate a high-level panel on media at 13:45-15:00 on 26 April (Auditorium) at ECWC16, with participation of Ms. Terry Reintke, MEP, and young representatives of STEM educational programs from across Europe.
Digital Luminaries: With keynote presentations by global luminaries of digital transformation — including Ms. Irina Bokova, UNESCO Director General, Mr. Andrus Ansip, European Commission Vice President responsible for the Digital Single Market, and Ms. Terry Reintke, MEP and Rapporteur of the European Parliament Report on gender equality and empowering women in the digital age — ECWC16 provides attendees an exclusive opportunity to:
- Meet and greet practitioners and decision-makers from leading tech, consulting and public policy organisations in Europe and the world;
- Participate in a job fair just with hundreds of top university, masters and PhD candidates, and recruiters from Europe and beyond;
- Network and connect with Europe’s largest community focused on building the digital future and guaranteeing the place of women in it.
Community-Building: In particular, ECWC16 seeks to ignite a pan-European community engaged in promoting European digital competitiveness who are:
- Women*; and
- European university bachelors, masters or PhD program students; and/or
- in Computer Science or other study disciplines; and/or
- Early, mid- or advanced-career professionals;
*anyone who identifies as a woman.
Partners and Participants: If you would like to be involved as an organisation or individual in any of the DLI activities or in the wider ECWC16 event, please contact us!